Skip to main content
- Why Should I Join?
Why Should I Join?
Why Should I Join the Sharon PTO?
Provide Needed Resources For Our School
- We coordinate a number of fundraisers that provide various programs, activities and incentives for our children.
- By becoming an ACTIVE member you can help coordinate these events and make a difference.
Leadership and Decision Making
- ACTIVE members participate in meetings to determine committee leadership, vote on various projects/request, and decide how to best provide resources for the students and teachers.
- Fundraising: At meetings, members bring up things the school needs help buying from art supplies to computers - as a member, we decide how to raise funds and how to distribute funds.
- Influence important decisions.
- Volunteering and attending various events and meetings are a great way to meet other parents and stay informed.
- Teacher Appreciation: The PTO takes charge of showing that the teachers are valued through various ways during Teacher Appreciation Week as well as at other specified times throughout the school year.
- Student directory
- Email updates including the newsletter and PTO meeting minutes
- Get to know staff members
- Learn how the school operates
- Participate in YOUR CHILD'S EDUCATION
- When you are involved in the PTO, YOUR CHILD BENEFITS THE MOST!
- Discover answers and discuss opinions on questions you may have about your child's education.
- Improve teacher morale.
- Be up to date on what's going on at Sharon Elementary.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, IMPROVE SHARON ELEMENTARY FOR ALL STUDENTS!!
- Join because you care about your child.
- Your child spends the majority of his/her day at Sharon Elementary School. Help make it a better place to learn and to live!
Goals of the Sharon PTO
- Increase PTO membership of both parents and teachers
- Increase parent and teacher participation
- Sponsor exciting student activities
- Provide incentives for students' achievement
- Purchase board games for indoor recess
- Purchase smart boards and document cameras for all student use